Flavorful Turkey Chili with Sweet Butternut Squash
Ready in 50 min
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb Pulled Turkey Breast
- 1 lb Butternut Squash- Peeled,seeded and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can copped green chilies
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes, then add the turkey, and stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, and tomato sauce; season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
This meal is health conscious but full of flavor!
Turkey Cranberry Salsa Flatbread
Ready in 25 min
- 2- 6 inch flatbread pieces
- 1/2 lb cooked pulled turkey
- 1 cup cooked cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, veined and chopped
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t oregano
- 1/4 t fine ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 can (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Baked flatbread 5 minutes at 450° F.
- Arrange turkey on top of one side of the flatbread.
- Coarsely chop remaining ingredients (or use food processor until coarsely chopped).
- Spread cranberry salsa over turkey. Fold in half. Cut and serve.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and jalapenos for extra spice.(Optional)
This flat bread is great for game day appetizers!