Riemers Favorite Pork Tacos
Ready In 4 Hours 15 min
- 4# Pork Shoulder Roast
- 2 (4 ounce) Cans diced green Chilies Drained
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t taco seasoning
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1 1/2 t salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place the roast on top of a large piece of aluminum foil. In a small bowl, stir together the green chiles, chili powder, oregano, taco seasoning and garlic. Rub onto the roast. Wrap foil around the roast so that it is completely covered, using additional aluminum foil if necessary. Place on top of a roasting rack in a baking dish, or place a cookie sheet on an oven rack below to catch any leaks.
- Roast the meat for 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until falling apart. Cook to at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove from the oven, and shred into small pieces using two forks. Season with salt to taste.
- Complete by using corn tortillas, avocado, your choice of cheese and salsa
Jen' s Favorite Paleo Pizza
Ready in 1 hr
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 t garlic powder
- 11/2 T fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup organic, gluten-free marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using a spoon, mix all crust ingredients together until it becomes very thick. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet with extra-virgin olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the center of the cookie sheet or pizza pan and using your hands, push and pat the dough down into the shape of a circle, making the dough as thin as possible, Your pizza will be about 12 inches across.
- Bake just the crust in you preheated oven for 20 minutes
- While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings. Brown the sausage in a large skillet and chop all veggies.
- After the crust is done, remove from the oven and evenly spread the marinara sauce over the crust.
- Add the sausage and all remaining toppings evenly over the sauce and bake again for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Get creative and use whatever toppings you might like
Try chicken, artichoke hearts and broccoli for a twist!
Sweet and Savory Pork Chops
4 thick pork chops
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 T avocado oil
1 T butter
2 cups onion, sliced
2 t ginger, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 t fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1 1/2 cup apples of you choice, chopped
1. Rub salt and pepper over pork chops. Heat avocado oil in large skillet. Brown pork chops over high heat (approximately 3 min per side)
2. Remove from skillet and place in bottom of slow cooker
3. Return skillet to stove top and reduce heat to medium to melt butter, Add onion and cook until translucent. Add ginger and cook until fragrant ( a couple minutes)
4. Pour in stock, vinegar and sherry. Now add the apricots, nutmeg, sage leaves and cinnamon stick. Bring this to a simmer for 2 mins.
5. While simmering, place chopped apples over the pork chops in crock pot.
6. Pour the contents of skillet over chops and apples
7. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours
8. When finished cooking remove pork chops and chunks of fruit and onion onto a serving plate. Careful the meat will be very tender and will fall from bones. Pour remaining liquid into a sauce pan and reduce over medium heat. Pour over chops as a sauce.
Sausage, Potato and Egg Casserole
- 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups Shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
- 12 Lg eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shreded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl. mix the sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese and eggs. Pour over over the potato mixture.
- Bake 1 hour 15 mins in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes cut and serve.