Spicy Mango Glazed Chicken
Ready in 3 hours 25 min
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cut chicken leg quarters at the joint without cutting all the way through. Arrange chicken on a baking dish.
- Mix New Mexico chili powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub chili powder mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat mango nectar, rum, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and chili paste in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Brush mango glaze over chicken legs.
- Grill chicken on preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
This recipe has a nice little kick and will impress your guests!
White Cheese Chicken Lasagna
Ready in 1 hr and 15 min
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cooked pulled chicken
- 2 - 10 oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach and the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese and spread sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Crispy Chicken Leg quarters with Smoky Chickpeas
- 2 T EVOO
- 4 bone-in chicken leg quarters
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- Fresh thyme leaves, for serving
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in batches until skin is browned and crispy 8-10 min. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the same skillet and cook, stirring until stating to soften, 2-4 minutes. Stir in paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas, and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Nestle chicken into mixture, skin side up.
- Roast in oven until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 F, about 20-25 min.
Tomatillo Chicken Stew
1-2 T coconut oil
2-3 poblano peppers, chopped
2 yellow onions, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 t chipotle powder
2 t chili powder
1 t cumin
2 t smoked paprika
1 24 oz can tomatillos, drained and coarsely chopped
2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
4 cups chicken broth
1 avocado, sliced
Yellow corn tostada chips
1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven or pot
2. Saute peppers, onions, jalaenos and garlic until onions are translucent
3. Next add the two chili powders, cumin and paprika to the veggies. Mix well
4. Add tomatillos, chicken and broth
5. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 1-2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking
6. Garnish with avocado slices and corn tortillas