January Newsletter January 06 2015
Happy New Year from Riemer Family Farm! We hope that the season has brought you joy and relaxation. Our holidays are defined by parties. All told, we attended or hosted eight parties in a two week period...time for some New Year's fitness goals! The farm remains busy with activity. We recently purchased 45 new piglets and have spent some time making their winter accommodations dry, draft free and warm. Fencing and bedding were arranged for the cattle, donkeys and hens. None of us thrive in the negative degree weather, but at least humans and animals alike will remain relatively warm and well fed.
New Years Specials:
- Order a side or quarter of beef for delivery or pick up in January and receive a $50 discount. Visit our product page to place your deposit. You must reserve your order by Wed. January 7th.
- Turkeys are great to cook year around. There are still a few available at a deep discount, click here to order.
Announcements & Reminders:
- Beef and pork are currently available in sampler sizes.
- Whole chickens are available on an ongoing basis.
- Beef sides and quarters are available each month (place Jan. or Feb orders now), please reserve your bulk order at least 1 month prior to when you need delivery.
- Pork by the side or whole will be available again starting in the spring.
Spring/Summer Meat CSA:
Our inaugural meat CSA has been a great success! Sign up for the spring/summer share is now available online. We currently have a pick-up site in Crystal Lake, IL and are actively pursuing other sites. If we have enough interest we would also like to have a Green County site. If you live in the Crystal Lake area and are interested in receiving a regular supply of beef, pork and chicken each month please check out our large or small CSA options at our new website. Contact us with questions.
We wish you all the best in 2015!
Jen & Bryce Riemer